BEL Contracting, part of NorLand Limited offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable, and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals. BEL Contracting offers training, mentoring and professional development for every employee and supports opportunities for their growth and advancement.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of EOCP Inspector at BEL Contracting who will report to the General Manager. As part of the team, you will be included in project management and operations initiatives such as process improvement, workflow analysis and program development where your schooling and experience will be considered a valuable asset. You will have the opportunity to join other NorLand project professionals who are seconded to our Major Projects teams as we continue to win and execute some of the largest infrastructure projects in the Province of BC.
This position can accommodate part-time or contract basis type work
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise installation, repairs, and tie-ins for municipal water works
- Produce reports documenting all inspections
- Field environment, working to deadlines, some high stress situations (e.g., meeting deadlines) and frequent local travel and interruptions
- EOCP (Environmental Operators Certification Program) Certificate, required
- Will be required to work outside of normal work hours on occasion to meet the needs of the project
- Frequent local travel to work sites (out of town opportunities may be offered)
- Confident communicator
- Good work ethic and a willingness to learn
- Available for on call for emergencies as needed
BEL Contracting and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.