We are a family of 15 businesses working safely together and believing to our core that no task is too daunting. We get excited by, and creatively rise to, every challenge making anything possible.
BEL Contracting is looking for new team members to fill various Civil Construction Grademan/Gradeperson positions for exciting Infrastructure projects in and around the Lower Mainland of BC. There is no camp work / live out (LOA) available at this time.
- Reads drawings and prepares notes to lay various municipal pipe types & systems
- Understands offset layout & cut sheets provided by subcontracted survey companies
- Maintains, checks and transports survey instruments
- Communicates effectively with pipe crew to set pipe or elements correctly
- Keeps notes to record installation details and accurately transposes all of those to as built drawings neatly
- Stays 2 steps ahead with preparation for the upcoming operation
- Can work under pressure – understands that nothing happens until the pipe shooter is good to go
- Can switch to road building when required
- Experience with GPS systems an asset
** These positions mentioned above are Union position with the LiUNA Local 1611 Construction & Specialized Workers' Union and earns Union wages, with extended Healthcare Benefits, access to additional training through the Training Plan, and a Union-sponsored Pension Plan.
BEL Contracting and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.